Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Something Personal


Most of our posts are of our business. However, I recently finished a book that really touched me. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. I really wanted to read this book to learn more about the middle eastern culture. I think Americans have a very narrow view of other cultures, especially the middle east. I love to be educated! I cannot recommend this book enough. The history of Afghanistan is told through a beautiful and tragic story of two women's lives. These people have the same hopes and aspirations that all people do. Unfortunately, their lives have been terrorized by one tyrant after another. I am glad they are on their way to recovery but, what a long road it is. You can visit Khaled Hosseini's website to find out ways to help the Afghan people. They were and still are victims of terrorists as we are. - Becky
Pin It

No comments: